Bot. Soc. Exch. Club Brit. Isles 4: 617 (1917) APNI
Establishment means:Sparingly established
Perennial shrub to 1.5 m high, much branched, branches to 20 mm diam. Leaves elliptic to oblanceolate, 20–30(–40) mm long, 10–18(–22) mm wide, acute or obtuse with a distinct mucro, dorsoventrally compressed, gradually tapering towards base, green, often with a red margin; petiole 0–4 mm long. Inflorescence a rounded thyrse. Flowers 5-merious; calyx-lobes broadly triangular, 1–2 mm long, acute; corolla white tinged pink, lobes elliptic-lanceolate, (5–)7–10 mm long, pointed and somewhat hooded, with a faint dorsal ridge, widely spreading; nectary scales transversely oblong, 0.2–0.5 mm long, 1–1.5 mm wide; carpels oblong-reniform, with more than 8 ovules. Flowers Jun.–Aug.
*GipP. Native to southern Africa, widely cultivated. Known from two collections, at Sandringham where growing on sandy coastal cliff, and from an embankment above Moonee Ponds Creek at Brunswick West.
|Bioregion||Occurrence status||Establishment means|
|New South Wales|