Sp. Pl. 1: 26 (1753)
Much-branched shrub to 1.5 m high; branches densely and shortly tomentose, also with sessile glands. Leaves obovate to broadly elliptic, 1–3 cm long, 8–20 mm wide, surfaces minutely tomentose to velutinous, gland-dotted beneath, apex rounded, base cuneate, margin entire, often undulate; petiole 1–6 mm long. Inflorescences terminal spikes, 3–12 cm long; flowers in opposite pairs; bracts narrowly elliptic, shorter than calyces. Calyx 10–13 mm long (to 20 mm in fruit), 14-veined, moderately hairy, with short and long hairs and numerous sessile glands; corolla rusty-brown, 3.5–4.5 cm long, lobes much longer than tube, adaxial lobe c. twice as long as abaxial lobe. Flowers Jul.–Nov.
*WaP. Known in Victoria only from foredunes between Warrnambool and Port Fairy, and first recorded in 1978, but population noted as 'rapidly expanding'.
|Bioregion||Occurrence status||Establishment means|